Environmental Policy Statement
The Directors of Zelex are committed to achieving the highest standards of environmental performance and recognises its corporate responsibility to the environment. Zelex acknowledges that its operations have a direct and indirect environmental impact and aims to minimise that impact and operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
ScopeThis statement applies to all projects and activities within the control of Zelex. We will develop, implement and continuously review an environmental management system, consistent with local operating conditions and legislation.
General PolicyThis statement reflects Zelex intention to provide and maintain an environmentally sustainable management system.
Although the standards established by national legislation will apply as a minimum, Zelex will always strive to achieve best practice in every task in which we operate.
Statement of PrinciplesZelex will, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Ensure environmental risks are properly identified, prioritised and managed in an appropriate and timely way.
- Establish sound environmental management policies and promote best practice.
- Manage its operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible, by making efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water and exploiting opportunities to maximise efficiency.
- Minimise environmental impact and reduce or, where practicable, prevent pollution.
- Minimise waste production by segregation and develop effective waste management and recycling procedures.
- Collaborate with key suppliers and customers to promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services.
- Monitor actively results and audit policies and practices to ensure Zelex meets its policy goals.
- Develop a training policy to raise and maintain awareness amongst staff and promote individual good practice and encourage team participation.
- Recognise the legitimate interest that all its stakeholders, including customers and employees have in its environmental performance and communicate openly within Zelex and to our clients.
It is the duty of all employees to conform to the environmental policy.
The directors of Zelex give their full support to the implementation of these principles.